When it comes to roofing options, Thousand Oaks residents are spoiled for choice. One popular choice is tile roofing, which offers both durability and aesthetic appeal. If you’re considering a new tile roof, you might be wondering about the costs involved. Let’s explore what you can expect to pay for a new tile roof in the area, with a focus on Shelter Roofing & Solar, a reputable roofing company in the area. Additionally, we’ll discuss the advantages of three common tile roofing materials: clay, concrete, and synthetic.
The Cost of a New Tile Roof in Thousand Oaks
On average, a new tile roof in the local area can cost around $45,000. However, this price can vary significantly based on several factors, including the size of your roof, the type of tile material you choose, and the complexity of the installation. This is where Shelter Roofing & Solar comes in. With our extensive experience and local expertise, we can provide you with an accurate estimate tailored to your specific needs.
What types of tile roofing does Shelter Roofing & Solar in Thousand Oaks install?
Clay Tile Roofing
- Longevity: Clay tiles are longer lasting than other roofing materials. These roofs can have a longevity of nearly 100 years. Even on the low end, clay tile can last 50 years. They are built to be nearly indestructible and resistant to the elements.
- Low Maintenance: Many other roofing materials require regular maintenance, cleaning, and inspections. Clay tile seems to be a “set it and forget it” type of roofing material. They are built to last!
- Durability: A beautiful attribute of clay is that they do not rot and are insect-resistant. They remain structurally reliable and stunning for years to come.
- Insulation – An advantage to clay tiles is that air can freely circulate beneath the tiles, regulating the rooftop temperatures, and maintaining comfortable indoor temperatures.
- Weather Resistant – Other roofing materials must expand and contract with the changing weather conditions. Clay beautifully maintains the roof’s integrity through the ability to withstand hot and cold weather events.
Concrete Tile Roofing
- Durability: Similar to clay, this type of tile roofing can last an extremely long time. This is one of the longest roofing materials when compared to others such as asphalt and metal.
- Withstand Nature: Hailstorms, rainstorms, rot, insect damage, and fire don’t hold much up against concrete tile. You will never have to worry about a safe strong roof over your head when you rely on concrete tiling.
- Variety: Another beautiful attribute of the concrete tiling is the variety of colors and styles the homeowner can choose from. The possibilities are endless!
- Low Maintenance: Again, similar to clay, there is minimal maintenance that needs to be addressed with a concrete tile roof. There is no need to have a to-do list line item for your roof when it comes to this material.
- Noise-Controlling: Ah, the peace and quiet atmosphere of a home with a concrete tile roof! Concrete tile has a noise-canceling feature that keeps the racket of the neighborhood outside where it needs to stay.
- Appearance: Created to look like natural slate, shake, or Spanish tiles.
- Lightweight: This material is typically one-fourth of the weight of regular tiles. And they aren’t nearly as brittle.
- Longevity: Ultraviolet inhibitors are included in the material to minimize sun damage, which helps extend life expectancy.
- Easy Installation: Due to the pliability and lightweight nature of this product, the tiles can be cut with a handy utility knife and shaped to fit the home. There is less chance of damage during the installation process.
- Savings: When compared to other types of tile, this product is much less expensive.
When choosing between clay, concrete, and synthetic tiles for your Thousand Oaks home, consider your budget, aesthetic preferences, and long-term goals. Discuss your options with Shelter Roofing & Solar, as we can provide expert guidance based on your specific needs and preferences. We will factor in your roof’s size, the local climate, and other relevant factors to help you make an informed decision.
A new tile roof is an investment in both style and durability. Shelter Roofing & Solar, a trusted local company, can provide you with an accurate estimate for your project. Whether you choose clay, concrete, or synthetic tiles, each option offers numerous advantages, ensuring that your investment stands the test of time and enhances the beauty of your home.
( If your wondering how much for Roof Replacement! Check our article about Roof Replacement Cost in Thousand Oaks! )